Sunday, June 21, 2009

Grilled Balsamic Asparagus

I love asparagus! I cannot get enough of it. My favorite way to serve it is cold in a balsamic vinaigrette. I first had it chilled at a tapas place in town, Mi Luna. They serve it with a raspberry vinaigrette, which is fantastic. C doesn't enjoy the cold asparagus like I do and since it is Father's Day, it would be nice of me to make something that he might like. So I basically adapted the recipe to work for grilled asparagus since everything else being made today goes on the Weber.






Grilled Balsamic Asparagus

Ingredients
1/2 lb fresh asparagus
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Directions
Snap off tough ends of asparagus and wash. Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, seal and marinate for 30-60 minutes. Remove asparagus from bag (discard marinade) and place on preheated oiled grill rack. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until asparagus is done.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...