Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Naan

naanI am not a fan of Indian food, the flavors just don't pop for me. I love Thai curries, but Indian curries just don't appeal to me at all. One thing I do love whenever I eat Indian food is Naan. Maybe my problem is that I fill up on Naan and there is no room left for my tummy to enjoy the rest of the Indian cuisine. I got this recipe from Budget Bytes and it did not disappoint. Miss F kept calling them "tortillas" and she wanted to make "tacos" with them. The cutest part was she wanted me to take a picture of her eating her food after I was done taking a snapshot of my food.  I adored this bread.
Naan

2 teaspoon dry active yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
½ cup water
2 ½ to 3 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 egg

In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the yeast, sugar and water. Stir to dissolve then let sit for a few minutes or until it is frothy on top. At that point, stir in the oil, yogurt and egg until evenly combined.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour with the salt. Next, add the wet ingredients to the flour/salt mixture and mix until well combined. Continue adding flour a half cup at a time until the dough comes together. Swap out the mixing paddle for the dough hook and knead for 3 minutes.

Loosely cover the dough and let it rise until double in size (about 45 minutes). After it rises, gently flatten the dough and cut it into 8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a small ball by stretching the dough back under itself until the top is smooth and round.

Heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with non-stick spray. Working with one ball at a time, roll it out until it is about ¼ inch thick or approximately 6 inches in diameter. Place the rolled out dough onto the hot skillet and cook until the under side is golden brown and large bubbles have formed on the surface. Flip the dough and cook the other side until golden brown as well.

This recipe is Miss F recommended
136
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Shawnda said...

Oh my gosh, look at that smile - that is definitely a winning naan recipe!

Chrissy said...

Yum, your naan looks great! Naan has been on my to-do list for a while now!

And Miss F is way too cute! What a great picture :)

bbq salads said...

My family loves to eat salads. We usually have variations of potato salad, pasta salad. I really want to try something new, please have any suggestions.

Courtney said...

I have been awaiting this post forever! Looks awesome!

Amie said...

What a cutie!

Kelli @ RelativeTaste said...

Ooh, I love naan! I'll have to try this recipe! Honestly, I'd never tried Indian food until last year but now I'm a fan. Trying to figure out how to make some of these recipes myself!

AwesomePossum said...

Just recreated this recipe and loved it. Too easy (and tastes amazing) to make to ever buy it again!

-h (@two-taste-buds)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...