Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peanut Chicken Pasta


One of my dear friends gave me on of the most amazing gifts, a Taste Book. It is the neatest thing. She compiled all her favorite recipes in a cookbook, how neat is that? I like to cook from it a lot. Last night I decided to try the Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce. I have had it before when she has made it and I really enjoy it. Her recipe calls for lots of microwaving (which I am terrible about and my microwave is less than stellar), so I adapted it for the stovetop so that all components would be warm and not messed up in my microwave. Just as tasty!





Spicy Peanut Sauce

¼ cup minced onion
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Hot sauce to taste
(I also added some rice wine vinegar to it)

Hers:
Place onion and one tablespoon of broth in a 1 cup measure; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining broth and remaining ingredients. May be made two days in advance, covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to serve.

Mine:
Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce to a simmer. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Noodles:
¾ pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
½ pound uncooked thin pasta
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 carrot, julienned
½ cup snow peas
½ red bell pepper, julienned
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts

Hers:
Season chicken with salt and pepper, place in a glass pie plate and cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on medium high (70%) 6 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool and slice diagonally into thin strips. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with peanut oil. Set aside and keep warm. Place carrot in a 2 cup glass measure; cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute. Add snow peas, stir and recoverl microwave on high for one minute. Toss pasta with veggies, chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with peanuts.

Mine:
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil at medium high heat. Add the chicken (I also added onion and garlic) and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the carrots, stir frying for 2 minutes more. Add the snow peas and red pepper, stir frying for 3 minutes more. Add drained pasta cooked according to package directions. Pour sauce over top, tossing to coat. Serve with sprinkled peanuts.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to come live at your house - your recipes look amazing! Is there room for me? When I arrive, if you could have one of those strawberry tarts whipped up. ;) ::cheeky grin::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...