Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
poulet au reisling, mashed potatoes
pork kebabs with cucumber yogurt sauce, naan, cous cous
famous salmon, green beans
chicken sriracha stir fry, rice
chipotle chicken tostadas, cilantro rice
copycat Mellow Mushroom pizzas, salad
out to Quattro

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sun Dried Tomato Dip

Sun Dried Tomato DipThis recipe is based off Ina Garten's recipe for Caramelized Onion Dip. I had a bunch of sun-dried tomatoes from Costco from making two recipes for the recipe swap:  Spicy Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta and Chicken with Artichokes and Feta.  I was having my girl friends over for wine and appetizers, this was just perfect.  And as an added bonus, I got to use the fresh basil from my plant on my stoop.  It has really taken to the Houston heat and I cannot keep up with the amount of leaves it has been producing. 
Sun Dried Tomato Dip

4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the tomatoes and mix well. Stir in the basil. Add salt and pepper; taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love sun-dried tomatoes, sounds like a great dip!

cMe said...

When I used to have a basil plant, it grew so fast that I had to prune it and just throw away most of the leaves to keep it healthy! I guess they really love heat and sun.

Delia said...

This sounds awesome! I might be making this over the weekend.

mrs.weaver said...

Sounds yummy! I am stealing your recipe, but want to add shrimp. Sounds like it would be good with spinach, as well. Have you made any variations of this recipe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...