Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
crockpot country chicken stew
citrus chicken fajitas, black beans
pan roasted lemon-thyme chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
easiest ever carbonara, green beans
minestrone soup, mozzarella basil bread
pepperoni pizza with perfect pizza dough, salad
out for a holiday party

Monday, May 16, 2011

Five Spice Pork Wraps

Five Spice Pork WrapsI thought these were delicious. I saw them on Blissfully Delicious.  C was not as impressed.  He kept cracking PF Changs jokes.  Funny thing is, he likes the chicken lettuce wraps at PF Changs a lot.  He said he didn't like them with pork.  I really did, but I think I might try the chicken version soon.  They make for a really nice and light summer meal.  And since it is already hitting the 90s in Houston, any recipe where I don't use the oven is good for me.
Five Spice Pork Wraps

1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound pork
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ yellow onion, diced
½ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce, plus more for serving
¾ cup chicken broth
Butter lettuce leaves, bean sprouts, thinly sliced green onions and cilantro leaves for serving

In a small bowl, combine the Chinese five spice, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly on the pork. Combine the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour into the bottom of a crock pot. Add the pork and cook on low for 10-12 hrs or high for 5-6 hrs. When the crock pot is done cooking, using tongs and a fork, pull the pork apart into large chunks. Serve with lettuce leaves, steamed rice, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, Hoisin sauce and chili sauce.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

The Cafe Sucre Farine said...

Beautiful pictures and the wraps look amazing. I love the idea of preparing the pork in a slow cooker. What a great do-ahead recipe! What type of pork did you use?

katie @SoTastySoYummy said...

I used thick cut pork chops, but a pork loin would work as well. Doesn't really matter since it gets shredded.

Erin said...

These look great! I love hoisin, and 5 spice on pork. And add it to a lettuce wrap is just a bonus! I am sure that chicken would be equally delicious!

Yudith said...

Glad you liked it, we loved it as well!! It also made A TON! Phew :)

freckled_girl said...

I use this recipe again and again. I love it. The only thing I add is chopped peanuts on top.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...