Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
crockpot country chicken stew
citrus chicken fajitas, black beans
pan roasted lemon-thyme chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
easiest ever carbonara, green beans
minestrone soup, mozzarella basil bread
pepperoni pizza with perfect pizza dough, salad
out for a holiday party

Friday, May 27, 2011

Chicken Sriracha Stir Fry

Chicken Sriracha Stir FryI love stir fry, it comes together in minutes and it is usually reasonably healthy. I have been making stir fries since college, but back then I used a trusty bottle of premade stir fry sauce. This recipe is hands down the best stir fry I have ever made. There isn't considerable heat from the Sriracha, but there is just enough spice to make it really pleasant. I came up with this one on my own, which I am pretty proud of. Miss F and C both cleaned their plates...success!  You could do this with any vegetable combination, whatever is in your pantry.  I am going to try it with pork next time I make it.
Chicken Sriracha Stir Fry

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces

Marinade for chicken:
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon Sriracha

1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce

½ cup green beans, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
¼ onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 slices ginger, shredded
1 tablespoon chopped garlic

Transfer chicken to a mixing bowl. Add marinade ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly. Let stand for 30 minutes or longer. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch, water, Sriracha, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
In a wok heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat, add vegetables. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Wipe wok with paper towels. Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the wok. When hot, add ginger and garlic; after a few seconds, add chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes. Pour in the sauce. Stir until thickened. Return vegetables to the wok. Serve over rice.
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I love stir fry - this looks great! The sauce sounds perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just finished eating this...my hat is off to you. Best stir fry EVER. Thank you!!!!

Karen Perry said...

I made this last night and it was amazing! Thanks for sharing!

katie said...

We had it last night for dinner as well~ glad you enjoyed it.

Holly said...

I made this tonight and it was really good. Much better than most stir fry recipes to make at home!

Tiffany said...

I am going to try this tonight. We're a big fan of the "rooster sauce."

Stephanie said...

I'm making this tonight and I can't wait! Looks so tasty.

cMe said...

I made this and love how easy it is. Of course I added a ton more Sriracha, I love that stuff. Plus it comes in those enormous bottles & I hate thinking it's going to waste.

Anonymous said...

I made this last night and it was fantastic!!! My husband isn't a big Asian food fan, but he said he would eat THIS any time!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...