Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
cajun pork and peppers fajitas
crockpot TexMex chicken stew, rice
red snapper with bell pepper and tomato
corn and red pepper bisque, cheddar jalapeno biscuits
hoisin pork with rice noodles
green chili chicken tacos, black beans
apricot glazed chicken skewers, brown rice, broccoli

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sticky Chicken Noodle Salad

Sticky Chicken Noodle SaladOne of my most favorite dishes is Bun, Vietnamese vermicelli. I love the lettuce, cucumber and herbs tossed with the vermicelli. I drown mine in peanut sauce instead of the traditional fish sauce. When I saw this recipe on JBean Cuisine, I was intrigued. It was part of the chicken recipe swap I did a few weeks back and I put it on my list to make for the following week. This dish did not disappoint. I did make a couple of changes, adding soy sauce to enhance the flavor of the delicious sauce.
Sticky Chicken Noodle Salad

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon cooking oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
1 tablespoon tomato paste
¼ cup chicken stock
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/3 pack of Thai rice noodles, cooked and cooled
½ cucumber, diced
½ head of romaine lettuce, sliced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons mint, minced

Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil and heat for a minute.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to sauté pan and cook, flipping half way through. Cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.

Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for one minute. Stir in tomato paste and chicken stock. With a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan to pick up all the yummy bits. Add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey to the pan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.

Return the cooked chicken to pan. Continue to cook over medium heat, for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked and covered in the balsamic sauce. Season to taste. Toss the noodles with the chicken and sauce. Divide between two bowls and top with cucumber, lettuce, cilantro and mint.

Adapted from JBean Cuisine
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

branny said...

This looks reallly good!

Ammie said...

Bun is one of my favorites too! I'll have to make this soon.

Kimberly said...

That looks incredible! I love noodle bowls like this, great recipe!

Jill said...

So glad you made it and enjoyed it! Bun is one of my favourites too...now I want this for dinner, lol.

Mom said...

This looks fantastic! I love bun too, so it will definitely be on my dinner list next week! Love you and your cooking!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic said...

Just came across your blog and love this recipe! I'm going to be making this soon.

branny said...

My husband loved this. I didn't eat the chicken, but used some of the sauce and subbed lump crab meat into my portion. Good as well!

katie said...

Crabmeat sounds like a yummy addition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...