Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, January 7, 2011

Pork Chops with Agrodolce Sauce

IMG_6206xWhen I saw this on Confections of a Foodie Bride, I knew I had to try it. I have never brined a pork chop before and after having it, I doubt I will ever eat a pork chop that hasn't been brined again. It was so good, moist, tender, flavorful. Sadly, C wasn't a fan of the sauce at all, "You know I don't like vinegar." Except for the fact that we dipped our bread in balsamic and olive oil at nearly every restaurant we ate at in Italy. So sadly, I won't be making this again for a family dinner.   Which is really too bad because I really loved the sauce.  It thickens up so nicely and melts so nicely onto the hot pork.
Pork Chops with Agrodolce Sauce

¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup honey
2 green onions, sliced
1 large clove of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2 brined pork chops (recipe follows)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Red pepper flakes
Salt
Black pepper

Preheat oven to 425.

In a small sauce pan, stir together balsamic vinegar, honey, white and light green parts of the onions, and garlic over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and let cook for ~10 minutes, reducing heat as necessary to prevent boil overs. Remove from heat, stir in butter until melted, and set aside to cool and thicken.

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in an oven-safe pan. Liberally season both sides of the pork chops with red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Sear for 3 minutes, flip pork chops, and finish in the oven to an internal temp of 150. Remove and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve topped with a generous spoonful of Agrodolce sauce.

Pork Chop Brine

6 cups cold water
¼ cup of kosher salt
¼ cup molasses
1 teaspoon black pepper corns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 pork chops, 1 1/2-2 inches thick

Add salt and molasses to water in a large Tupperware container. Add roasemary, peppercorns and pork chops. Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from the brine and pat the pork chops dry before preparing.

Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! I have been stuck in a chicken and steak rut so maybe I'll have to try your pork chops! Thanks for a great idea!

Jessica said...

I will have to try brining pork chops from now on! I have only brined chicken breasts before but I can only imagine how good this would taste. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...