Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, January 3, 2011

Pork and Butternut Squash Stew

IMG_5899With this recipe, I have used the last butternut squash from my farm share. It adds a sweetness to the stew. There is a lot of chopping involved in the prep for this dish, but it is really simple...just set in in the crockpot and forget it. The butternut squash nearly melts away into the chicken broth to create a rich broth. This dish works well in the winter months for when you are looking for a comforting stew, but are looking for a twist on your standard stew.
Pork and Butternut Squash Stew

1 ½ pounds boneless pork, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
½ teaspoon rubbed sage
1 bay leaf
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
2 cups carrots, peeled and diced

Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and simmer 4 hours, or until tender.

Adapted from AllRecipes
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

VegeCooking Club said...

I love this recipe...anything with butternut squash! I haven't gotten any with my farm share, only the calabaza but those are pretty good too. Very similar in taste I think!

Delia said...

I'm going to have to try that. I'm in the market for more crockpot recipes.

Samantha said...

I'll follow your recipe to the last detail and hopefully i can have it done perfectly. 'll try it and share with my family.

JUDY said...

Dd you find that was too much liquid. I am making tomorrow

katie said...

I thought it was the right amount of liquid, I always err on the side of more liquid than not in the crockpot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...