Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chicken Marsala

IMG_6201This used to be one of my most favorite dishes to order whenever I went out for Italian. My tastes evolved and I haven't ordered it forever. I came across this recipe from Emeril and I knew I had to try it. So off to the store I went to get a bottle of Marsala wine and I was ready to go. C said he didn't like Chicken Marsala and asked me to make something else, but I had spent $10 on a bottle of Marsala and we were going to eat Chicken Marsala. After he ate it, he said it was 'alright', which is certainly an upgrade from not liking it. I loved it, it was better than any Chicken Marsala that I have ever had in a restaurant. It was phenomonal.
Chicken Marsala

½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon thyme
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
3 cups sliced mushrooms
¾ cup Marsala
1 cup chicken stock

In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and spices and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste.

Adapted from Emeril Legasse
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Sarah and Rob said...

I can't wait to try this. It looks so good!

katie said...

It is so fantastic. I was already craving it again today!

Anonymous said...

This is my go to marsala. So good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...