Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet Yeast Rolls

I have been in the mood to make a soft, sweet roll for awhile. C will no longer allow bread to be baked at night because "he hates the smell of fresh baked bread" (insert cuckoo noises here). The other day, while Miss F was napping, I trolled the internet for a recipe that would work in my bread machine and that I could bake them in my 8" cake pan, in order to retain their softness. These rolls turned out nothing like what I was looking for, they were soft, they were sweet, they were yeasty, but they were flat. And I loved them. I know I have eaten a roll similar before, but I don't have the foggiest idea as to where. I do know I will be making them again.
Sweet Yeast Rolls
makes 16 rolls

½ cup water
½ cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
¼ cup butter

Place all ingredients except the 1/4 cup butter into bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough cycle and start machine.

Shape dough into 16 balls and place into two buttered cake pans. Melt the ¼ cup butter and brush it over the tops of rolls, saving the excess for brushing on after baking. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes. Brush baked rolls with remaining butter.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made these a few weeks ago - very yummy, but mine were anything but flat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...