Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, June 21, 2010

Seared Asian Tuna

C hates anything that comes from the sea. Seafood is one of my most favorite foods. This has always been a struggle. Growing up, our neighbor across the street often brought us fresh caught tuna, it was always a favorite of mine and a very special treat. I remember being at my friend Laura's house when I was a little kid (around 5 years old) and being offered a tuna fish sandwich. I thought "how lucky are these kids to get tuna for lunch!" Then, they served me the sandwich. I nearly vomitted right then and there. Still to this day, I will not eat tuna fish salad or any other mayonnaise based meat salad. Shudder. So, I guess I can see how C hates seafood...marriage is all about compromise. But I have lured Miss F over to my side, she loved this!
Seared Asian Tuna
serves 1

1/4 pound tuna steak
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon spicy sesame oil
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce and sesame oil. Divide into two equal parts. Stir the rice vinegar and ginger into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce.


Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna with the remaining soy sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.

Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place the tuna in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side. Serve with the dipping sauce over white rice.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Nukem said...

I just made something very similar for dinner, we served the seared tuna over bib lettuce with some avocado and mango diced up over it. The dressing is very similar (I also add garlic and olive oil in addition to sesame chili oil). So yummy!

katie said...

That sounds amazing! I had my favorite dish, Ribbons of Tuna, at Jean-Georges last weekend. It has avocado and tuna, which is the most amazing flavor combination. I will have to try your salad, sounds fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...