Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, January 11, 2013

Braised Chicken and Artichokes

Braised Chicken and ArtichokesAs soon as I read this recipe from Williams-Sonoma, I knew I would love it. It incorporates all the flavors I love from Artichoke Chicken Pasta with chicken thighs cooked on the stovetop.  This recipe is amazingly easy and makes for a perfect weeknight meal.  The sauce gets deliciously rich.  I may have gone back for a third spoonfull of sauce during dinner.  Miss F devoured an entire chicken thigh.  C questioned the need for parsley, but what does he know?  I used canned artichoke since fresh baby artichokes weren't available.
Braised Chicken and Artichokes

3 tablespoons flour
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, slivered
1 shallot, slivered
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken broth
Juice of one lemon
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 can artichokes, drained

Spread the flour on a plate and season well with salt and pepper. Lightly toss the chicken in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and pepper.

Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan. Add the garlic and shallot to the pan and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tarragon, parsley and mustard. Add the wine, broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom. Add the tomatoes and artichokes.

Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, covering after 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with more lemon juice, as needed. Serve.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

This looks so delicious. I think I'll be adding it to one of my weekly menus very soon.

Happy Valley Chow said...

I love chicken, I love artichokes...sounds like a great recipe that I need to try. Thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
Happy Valley Chow

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I like such easy recipe! And looks really great too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...