Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
crockpot country chicken stew
citrus chicken fajitas, black beans
pan roasted lemon-thyme chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
easiest ever carbonara, green beans
minestrone soup, mozzarella basil bread
pepperoni pizza with perfect pizza dough, salad
out for a holiday party

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Herbes de Provence Potatoes

herbes de provence potatoesMiss F is a weird child. She loves meat and fruit, but isn't a big fan of potatoes or most starches. She isn't even a huge French fry fan. How is that possible, is she related to me? I adore potatoes, especially when roasted. Katie's Cucina had a recipe for Herbes de Provence Potatoes.  I didn't have the packaged potatoes she used available at my grocery, but I did have a nice variety of potatoes to add to the recipe.  Purple, red and Yukon golds worked beautifully.  And I was happy to eat Miss F's portion, I couldn't convince her that the purple potato was to her liking.  I also changed up the preparation a bit because I prefer a crisper roast potato.  These potatoes were beyond delicious. 
Herbes de Provence Potatoes

4 Yukon gold potatoes
4 small red potatoes
4 small purple potatoes
2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and dry potatoes. Cut potatoes into eighths. Place potatoes in a large zip lock baggy and toss with Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Seal bag and mix until all the flavors are incorporated. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and turn the potatoes, bake for 20 minutes more.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Heather said...

These look great and so simple to make. I have to admit I haven’t ever cooked with Herbes de Provence but I recently ordered some from Penzeys. These potatoes look like they will be the perfect recipe to use it on first!

jessy said...

I think people don't use Herbs de Provence enough! Especially when you see how cheap it is! This looks delicious, I love any new way to eat potatoes.

Laura said...

These look so wonderful. I love the trio of potatoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...