Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Potato Gratin Cups


Melissa d'Arabian, the winner of The Next Food Network Star, was the inspiration behind this dish. On her pilot presentation on this past Sunday's show, she made a simple chicken dish, but it was the brief mention of this gratin that piqued my interest. Her explanation was simple, potato slices+cream+cheese in a muffin tin. How brilliant is that and why have I not thought of it before. I normally make gratin the old school style which requires a lot of time (but so worth it), this dish is easy for a weeknight meal. Next time I will use another kind of cheese and possibly add some minced garlic.



Potato Gratin Cups

2 to 3 large russet potatoes
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with no stick cooking spray. Slice the potatoes 1/8" thick using a mandoline. Layer potato slices in each muffin cup. Top each with a teaspoon of cheese. Layer the remaining potato slices. Pour one tablespoon of cream over each cup and top each with another teaspoon of cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 25 minutes.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Molly Jean said...

Delish! I love new ways to do potatoes :)

Sarah and Rob said...

These looked so easy and so good! Thanks for replicating. I am trying them soon. I imagine that it will become my preferred way to make potatoe gratin.

Sarah said...

So glad you tried this! I was drooling over it when I saw it on TV. Thanks!

Kelsey said...

I loved this idea, too. So did Bobby Flay for that matter! I'm glad you made them. I'm working on a cheddar and green chile version. I'll be sure to let you know when I post them!

Amy L said...

I think Melissa mentioned swiss cheese instead of cheddar. Try that out.

Patti A. said...

I used gruyere instead of cheddar. Yum. Did one batch in regular muffin tins, one batch in a Texas-sized muffin tin. The big muffin cups were easier to work with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...