Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lazy Daisy Cake


No one has ever made this cake as well as my grandma did, she was the best baker I have ever known. Her best talent was pie crust and she didn't even have to use a food processor like I do. This cake is a cross between a white cake and a yellow cake. It is very moist and dense, it pairs perfectly with a rich chocolate frosting.

Lazy Daisy Cake

For Double Layer Cake

350° Oven

4 Eggs
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
2 tbls Butter
1 tsp Vanilla

Beat eggs until thick. Add sugar gradually. Continue to beat until light. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and add to eggs. Heat milk and butter to boiling point. Add to first mixture. Add vanilla. Bake in greased layer cake pans for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear.

Chocolate Frosting

1 stick butter, softened
3 cups confectioner's sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 to 6 tablespoons milk

Cream together butter, 1 cup of the sugar, cocoa, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Slowly add the remaining milk and sugar, alternating. Makes 2 cups.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that my mom used to make this cake when I was a kid! It brings back such happy memories! Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Your cake looks tasty, and I would love to try this recipe sometime, only I have a question: Is that really "2 tablespoons" butter? Seems like a very small amount for a 2-layer cake. Are you willing to clear this up for me?

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Joy

katie said...

Only two tablespoons!

Anonymous said...

FYI now I make this cake too often!! Thank you for sharing this recipe. This cake, your jap chae, Korean chicken and creamy chicken soup are all recipes that my mother and I have bonded over and we both keep them in regular rotation so again THANK YOU!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...