Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, May 11, 2012

Apricot, Brie and Arugula Pizza

apricot brie & arugula pizzaThis was probably my most favorite pizza I served during the wine exchange. I got the idea when I saw Pioneer Woman topped a fig pizza with arugula. One of my most favorite appetizers to serve is apricot baked brie.  I figured it would translate well to a pizza and I was right.  I could have eaten the whole pie myself, in fact, I believe I traded away a slice of the prosciutto and sausage pizza (I don't really go for meat on pizza) for another slice of this pizza. Major thanks go to my friend Courtney for suggesting tossing the arugula with truffle oil, which was completely genius and really sent this pizza to a whole new level.
Apricot, Brie and Arugula Pizza

1 recipe of your favorite pizza crust
1 cup apricot jam
½ teaspoon salt
Your favorite pizza dough
½ pound Brie, sliced thinly
1 cup arugula
2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon truffle oil

Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Microwave the jam and salt in a small microwave safe dish for a minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Prepare your pizza crust on a piece of parchment paper. Spread the jam on the pizza crust and top with the Brie. Transfer the pizza on parchment to the pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Meanwhile, toss the arugula with the vinegar and truffle oil. Top the warm pizza with the arugula, slice and serve.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Love this combo!! I never would have thought to turn it into a pizza, but it sounds fantastic!

BigLoveForBriggyHall said...

Hi everyone!

Briggy Hall (a play of 'Brgy. Hall') is a community cafe that helps launch 48 startup food businesses every year. We believe that creating more businesses would increase the family's threshold income and yield more employment opportunities. You can help support our cause by LIKING our Facebook Page and reading more about our advocacy: http://www.facebook.com/briggyhall/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...