Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Potatoes

My parents came into town for a couple of weeks to take care of Miss F while we were on vacation. They had bought a big bag of red potatoes and had left half a package of bacon...what can I make with this?

I instantly thought I would make Cheesy Bacon Chicken and use some of the excess shredded cheese I have from the 49 cent cheese sale, but I was craving pork chops. So, in order to use the bacon and potatoes, I decided to wrap the potatoes with the bacon. It worked great, they turned out really cute. Of course, C didn't like them, "bacon is only for breakfast!" But he would like the potatoes again, next time plain.
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes

6 red potatoes
6 slices of bacon

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Wrap each potato with a slice of bacon, tucking the loose end back under the original wrap, securing with a tooth pick if necessary. Bake for one hour, until potatoes are tender. Serve.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...