Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, December 26, 2011

Chipotle Pork Tacos

chipotle pork tacosTacos made in the crockpot are about my favorite thing to eat out of a crockpot.  Smoky Pork Tinga Tacos were on one of my most favorite blogs, Prevention RD, last week.  I made some changes, mainly omitting the chorizo because I am not a huge fan of it.  The fire roasted tomatoes and chipotles gave the tacos an intense smoky flavor.  The meat was so tender at the end of cooking, I went ahead and shredded it before it totally fell apart on its own.  These tacos were delicious.  They make me want to try Chipotle Short Rib Tacos in the crockpot, it makes for such an easy weeknight dinner.  I served these on corn tortillas, which was perfect. 
Chipotle Pork Tacos

½ pound red skin potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 ½ pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 14 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
3 chipotles in adobo, diced
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ medium white onion, sliced ¼ -inch thick
½ teaspoon salt

Spread the potatoes over the bottom of a slow cooker and top with the pork.

In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes with the chipotles, adobo sauce, Worcestershire, oregano, garlic, onion, and salt. Pour the mixture evenly over the meat and potatoes.

Cover and slow cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

Serve with warm corn tortillas, cheese, avocados, and salsa for making soft tacos.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Jessy said...

Holy cow. These look amazing. I love chorizo so I may add that back in but I think I just found a menu item for this week! :) Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Thank you! I was searching for taco bar options for my husband's birthday. This recipe is perfect because it can be cooking while I am at work since I'll have to prep everything else once I get home. Can't wait to try these!

pokemon said...

Great information, I will tweet to my friends to get them to check it out. keep it up. Thanks for sharing!.If have a long time than visit to:

SolitaireOnline.io
KrunkerioGame.Com
TetrisOnline.io

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...