Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, March 4, 2011

ABCLTs

ABCLT SandwichThere was this fantastic chicken sandwich at the Nordstrom Cafe. I first had it in high school when Nordstrom finally arrived in the Annapolis Mall. It was such a big deal! The sandwich had avocado, alfafa sprouts, bacon and chicken. And it was served on a super soft focaccia. It was so good. They don't serve it any longer (at least not at the Nordstroms here in Houston.) I think I may try this again with focaccia and add some sprouts to it. But it is one of those things where the food memory is probably way better than the actual food itself.
ABCLTs

4 slices bacon
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 small avocado, sliced
1 roma tomato, sliced
½ cup baby spinach
4 slices crusty bread

In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Increase heat to medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in the bacon grease, turning after 5 to 7 minutes and cooking 5 to 7 minutes more until cooked through. Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken breast into ¼” slices. Assemble the sandwiches with the avocado, tomato, spinach, chicken and bacon.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Shawnda said...

Focaccia and sprouts would push it over the top, for sure!

Kelsey said...

Looks good to me!

Molly Jean said...

Mmm, avocado. I've never been (or heard of) Nordstrom Cafe but I had a BLTA at Red Robin of all places ;) Similar idea with the avocado and it was an EXCELLENT addition. I'll have to remember that.

Anna said...

I love sandwiches like this. It's a memory food for me also. I know you don't like mayo- but the way we make it is with mayo and mash the avocado into it, chicken breast w. swiss cheese on it, bacon, tomato, sprouts, and serve it on a crescent. It's wonderful.

I'm not a big bacon eater- so I don't typically eat it on mine. But these sorts of sandwiches are so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...