Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spinach Fettucine Alfredo

I still have yet to master the perfect Alfredo sauce. I gave it another attempt tonight, it was tasty, but not as thick and creamy as I would prefer it to be. If anyone has any tips, I would love to hear them! The spinach worked very nicely in the pasta, my only issue was that it remained in clumps when I tried to incorporate it all together. I served two grilled chicken breasts along with the pasta. I also made some garlic bread, C picked off the garlic and whined for some garlic salt...sigh.






Spinach Fettucine Alfredo

12 ounces fettucine
10 ounces frozen spinach
1 stick of butter
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup parmesan, plus more for sprinkling

Cook fettuccine in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta. Cook spinach in 1/2 cup boiling water, drain.

Meanwhile, bring cream and butter to a simmer in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat, adding 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

Add fettuccine, spinach, 1/4 cup reserved water, and cheese to sauce and toss. Add more cooking water if necessary.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...