Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, September 20, 2013

Recipe Swap: Churro Pancakes

Churro Pancakes
The theme of this month's recipe swap is blogger's choice, which is always one of my favorites. I was even happier to discover I got The Barbee Housewife for the swap, seeing as she is one of my favorite bloggers. I really enjoyed going through her blog and selecting a recipe, but I was drawn instantly to Churro Pancakes. We go to Disneyland/World often. By last calculation, Miss F and I have spent over 30 days in the parks over the last year. We had the Premier Passports and we really got our money's worth. One of Miss F's favorite shows is the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory. The audience is always included and at some point during the show they pick out a guy to buy Churros for everyone. These pancakes were quite a treat for Miss F. Because they use Bisquick, they come together quickly enough to be a before school breakfast. Miss F was probably telling Churro jokes all day long at school. Be sure to check out the links below for more great recipes.
Churro Pancakes

2 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs
shortening
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a medium bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, milk and eggs.

Heat a shortening greased skillet over medium heat.

While the skillet is heating up, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.

Use a ¼ cup measure to pour the batter onto the heated skillet. Flip after a minute or two, until the pancake is golden brown. Remove to a plate after a minute more.

Brush the butter onto the warm pancakes, then dip in the cinnamon sugar. Serve.



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm jealous of all your Disney time - that's great! Glad you enjoyed these.

Eva said...

These look so awesome!

Dawn said...

Yum! These sound amazing!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} said...

I am so happy Miss F enjoyed these! I need to make them again for Ethan! Great pick!!!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} said...

I am so happy Miss F enjoyed these! I need to make them again for Ethan! Great pick!!!

Mariah said...

Looks great. Pancakes I know from the spa in Italy but with this great churro "glaze" I have never tried. Thanks for sharing the idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...