Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
crockpot country chicken stew
citrus chicken fajitas, black beans
pan roasted lemon-thyme chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
easiest ever carbonara, green beans
minestrone soup, mozzarella basil bread
pepperoni pizza with perfect pizza dough, salad
out for a holiday party

Monday, December 3, 2012

Nutella Oat Sandwich Cookies

Nutella Oat Sandwich CookiesHalf of these cookies were originally intended to have a peanut butter filling and the other half were supposed to have chocolate. I was sending a dozen of them in the mail for a cookie exchange and I wasn't sold on doing half and half. So I changed it up midway and settled on a Nutella filling, which is sort of chocolate and nut combination. These cookies are the non-flattened version of Florentine cookies, which I think makes for an even better cookie and holds up to a filling very well. I did make a few chocolate filled ones for myself since I cannot eat Nutella (allergic to nuts.) I hope the cookies arrived to Minnesota in good shape!
Nutella Oat Sandwich Cookies
makes two dozen sandwiches

2/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup Nutella

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with Silpats. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir together the oats, flour, salt and sugar; mix into the melted butter until well blended. Stir in the corn syrup, milk and vanilla. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, until medium brown. Spread the Nutella onto the bottoms of cookies and sandwich them together.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Medeja said...

I would be able to finish them and without Nutella :D I loooove oat cookies :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...