Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pork Florentine

pork florentineWhen I saw this recipe pop up from Joelen's blog, What's Cooking Chicago, I knew I wanted to try it. But I had bigger plans for the pork chops, Pork Things plans. Pork Things are one of my favorite childhood foods and I knew this sauce would go fantastically with them. Too bad my family members didn't agree. C ate his with ketchup, refusing the sauce completely and Miss F had hers plain (which I sort of expected.) Sigh. The sauce was rich and delicious, I think it would be equally amazing over pasta.  Maybe if I served it that way, C would actually eat it. 
Pork Florentine

1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
4 to 6 thinly sliced boneless pork chops
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ onion, minced
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups baby spinach

In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with the milk. In a separate shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs. Dip each pork chop in the egg and then breadcrumb mixture. In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Fry the pork chops for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the pork chops to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 degree oven.

Spoon out all but 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the flour and garlic and cook until fragrant. Slowly add the broth and heavy cream, stirring constantly. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and spinach to create the sauce. Serve the pork chops with the sauce over top and sprinkle with additional parmesan.
Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...