Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheesy Meatballs

I am not a fan of ground beef, when I was a kid I hated hamburgers, meat sauce or anything with any groud beef in it. I will now tolerate it, but it certainly isn't something I ever crave. I do like a good McDonald's hamburger, but that is because the bun to hamburger ratio is so high. C had made burgers for the 4th of July, so I decided to make spaghetti with meatballs with the rest of the ground beef. I make meat balls so I can just eat the sauce and the pasta. C and Miss F both loved the meatballs...go figure.
Cheesy Meatballs
makes eight

¾ pound ground beef
¼ pound pork sausage
1 egg, slightly beaten
¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tablespoons shredded five cheese Italian blend
1 cloves garlic, pressed
¼ cup minced sweet onion
½ teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray.

To make meatballs, lightly mix ground beef, sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, sweet onion, oregano, salt, and pepper until combined. Do not overmix.

Place about ¼ cup of meatball mix in your hand. Form into a ball. Repeat until all meat is used.

Bake about 35 minutes or until meatball juices show no pink color.

Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...