Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mozzarella and Spinach Chicken Roulades

These were simply amazing. Not a bit was left on either C or my plate. That is a rare occurence that we both like something so much. These came to be because I still had a ton of the organic baby spinach I got on sale in combination with the 49 cent shredded cheese sale. These were really easy to prepare and they presented beautifully. They will definitely go into our regular dinner rotation.
Mozzarella and Spinach Chicken Roulades
printable recipe

2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and tenderized
4 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
20 baby spinach leaves
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Salt and pepper
3/4 cups of seasoned breadcrumbs
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper. Place a layer of spinach and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella on top of each breast. Roll up the chicken breasts. Spray each breast with the cooking spray and roll in the seasoned bread crumbs to coat. Spray each again and place chicken breasts in a greased baking dish. Place them in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh, this looks so delicious! :)

michellebelle said...

Hey K, this is very much like a dish I call Chicken Rollatine. Mine is more work and they come out to a similar taste so I am not sure you'd want to try it but I hammer the chicken out until it is as thin as I can get it while not piercing any holes in it. Then I coat it in minced garlic, mozzarella, spinach, salt, and pepper and roll it up. Then I dip it in egg whites and bread crumbs (usually the Progresso Italian bread crumbs) and bake it for about the same time.

Then when it's done I take it out and slice each chicken roll into about 4 pieces. My husband likes saucy-everything so I drizzle his with a hollandaise sauce but eat mine as-is. Since C's lemony preferences come and go you might try it both ways and see which you like better. Although it's so good without the hollandaise why add the extra calories if you don't need 'em!?

Then I serve with a side of marinara penne and my sesame mushroom asparagus. Always a big hit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...