Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Instant Pot Risotto


I adore risotto, but I don't adore the stir stir stir it requires.   Enter the Instant Pot.  Same creamy risotto deliciousness with nearly no effort at all.  A quick saute of the rice and you are pretty much done.  My friend Brandi recommended this recipe to me and I can't wait to try other additions to it.  I mainly want to try mushroom risotto, but I will have to try that on a night I am home alone, since the rest of the family would reject it completely. 
Instant Pot Risotto

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cups Arborio Rice
1 tablespoon white wine
4 cups chicken broth
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese

Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Add the oil to the pan. Add the onion and saute until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and saute until it becomes translucent. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and stir until it evaporates. Add the broth; close the top of the Instant Pot. Set to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the inner pot carefully. Stir the parmesan cheese into the rice and serve.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...