Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mixed Greens with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette

Mixed Greens with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette
My father has a couple food hang ups. He won't eat raw seafood and he won't eat anything with raw egg in it. I have no problem with either practice, especially the raw seafood part. I think he is missing out on so many delicious things, especially sushi, but he stands firm. So when I hosted my parents for dinner, I didn't tell him until afterwards that the salad dressing had raw egg in it. Oops! This dressing comes together quickly and is one of my favorites. I usually make it with my mini food processor to make the emulsification process even easier.  The recipe is loosely based on one from The Barefoot Contessa.  If Ina Garten is okay with raw eggs, then so am I.  And who wants to miss out on eating raw cookie dough?  Certainly not me.
Mixed Greens with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette

1 egg yolk
¼ cup white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil

6 cups mixed greens
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped

Whisk together the egg yolk, vinegar, Dijon, salt and sugar. Add the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Toss the greens, tomato and cucumber with the prepared vinaigrette. Divide onto 6 plates and serve.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...