Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spaghetti Carbonara with Corn and Jalapenos


spaghetti carbonara with corn and jalapenoI confess, I have never tried spaghetti carbonara before. And I certainly have not tried to make it at home. I have always been paranoid I would end up with scrambled eggs pasta.  I saw this recipe on A Taste of Home Cooking, who had adapted it from Rachael Ray.  I adapted it as well since I wasn't able to find the Italian peppers that the original recipe called for.  Jalapenos worked just perfectly and a whole pepper costs six cents, so  it is usually a go to here in Texas to add a mild heat and a lot of flavor.  C and Miss F were both huge fans of Carbonara.  Miss F even made up a song about bacon, corn and pasta being yummy in her tummy.  I cannot believe I was scared to make Carbonara.  It is a new family favorite around here.
Spaghetti Carbonara with Corn and Jalapeno

12 ounces spaghetti
6 slices bacon, diced
1 ½ cups corn kernels from 4 ears of corn
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ jalapeno, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
½ cup dry white wine
3 egg yolks
¾ cup Parmesan cheese

Cook the spaghetti per the package directions, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

In large saucepan, brown bacon over medium heat. Add the corn, garlic, jalapeno and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine, add the parsley and lower the heat to simmer for 3 minutes.

In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks. Slowly add in the reserved cooking liquid to temper the yolks, whisking continually. If the liquid is too hot and you pour too quickly, there is risk of scrambling the eggs. Toss the pasta and egg yolk sauce with chicken and corn mixture. Remove from heat, add the cheese and toss to thicken sauce. Top with extra cheese and fresh cracked black pepper.
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm so happy you (1) finally tried carbonara and (2) loved this recipe. It's a real winner. You've got to try regular carbonara with bacon and onions, or maybe asparagus if you guys like it.

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I have tried making Carbonara before, but as far I as I remember the recipe was without eggs :/ I am always wondering how good is it with the eggs..

Baixar Facebook said...

I tried making pasta, I feel it is quite delicious

Unknown said...

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
agar.io games| zoxy games
friv.org
bonk.io friv

herbalnews said...

I absolutely love public speaking. It used to scare me, but back in middle school I was in a poetry club. We read our work to the school at assemblies and events, so I got used to it after a while. Once I got over being afraid it was a lot of fun to do. Tanaman Obat Telinga Berdengung

Now I wish I had a chance to speak in public more often, actually.

zedoril7 said...

I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this blog again soon. Tanaman Obat Jantung Bengkak

riswanalfarid said...

Tanaman Obat Telinga Berdengung
Tanaman Obat Telinga Berdengung
Obat Tradisional Telinga Berdengung
Obat Herbal Telinga Berdengung
Obat Telinga Berdengung

Berita Herbal said...

Apa itu thalasemia minor ?
Jenis-jenis penyakit thalasemia

riswanalfarid said...

Harga Qnc Jelly Gamat
Testimoni Qnc Jelly Gamat

Qnc JElly Gamat said...

Harga Qnc Jelly Gamat
Testimoni Qnc Jelly Gamat

Cara Menyembuhkan Fibrosis Paru said...

Cara Menyembuhkan Fibrosis Paru

Cara Menghilangkan Batuk Disertai Sesak Nafas said...

Cara Menghilangkan Batuk Disertai Sesak Nafas

riswanalfarid said...

Obat Wasir Atau Ambeien
Obat Wasir Atau Ambeien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...