Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
crockpot country chicken stew
citrus chicken fajitas, black beans
pan roasted lemon-thyme chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
easiest ever carbonara, green beans
minestrone soup, mozzarella basil bread
pepperoni pizza with perfect pizza dough, salad
out for a holiday party

Monday, November 15, 2010

Refrigerator Pickles

IMG_4854xI had two gorgeous cucumbers in my farm share and they had sent out a link to their Wood Duck Farms refrigerator cucumber recipe. I had to eat one of the cucumbers fresh, but I decided to make the other into pickles. I changed up their recipe a bit, theirs called for bell pepper, which I didn't have, so I omitted.
Refrigerator Pickles

1 large cucumber, sliced
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons pickling spice

In a small saucepan, boil the vinegar, sugar and salt until all the sugar has dissolved, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Place the cucumber slices and pickling spice in a sterilized Le Parfait jar. Pour the vinegar mixture and pickling spice over top. Seal the jar and refrigerate overnight.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...