Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chocolate Cheesecake


This is probably in my top five as far as desserts go. It is my mom's recipe and I absolutely love it. The sour cream topping is what sets it apart from the rest. The chocolate flavor isn't overwhelmingly rich, which is what makes it okay that the cheesecake is so rich on its own. I haven't made this in a couple of years and the 4 pound brick of cream cheese was calling my name at Costco. I needed some anyhow for the caramelized onion dip for Miss F's party, so why not have a treat this week?





Chocolate Cheesecake

Crust
1½ Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
⅓ Cup Sugar
⅓ Cup Melted Butter

Filling
2 - 8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Cocoa
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs

Topping
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 tbls Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Combine crackers, sugar, butter—press in bottom and ½ way up sides of 9-inch spring form pan (reserve 2 tbls crumbs).

Cream cheese with sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend in eggs. Fill crust and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.

Combine topping ingredients. Spread over cooked filling. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Return to oven at 425° for 10 minutes.

Chill overnight (this is the hardest part!)
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

This looks wonderful. I'm so with you on the sour cream topping. I put one on my pumpkin cheesecake (well, I mix it with bourbon!) and it's such a unique, tangy flavor. I can't wait to try this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...